Never leave devices unattended
The physical security of your devices is just as important as their technical security.
• If you need to leave your laptop, phone, or tablet for any length of time - lock it up so no one else can use it.
• If you keep protected data on a flash drive or external hard drive, make sure their encrypted and locked up as well.
• For desktop computers, lock your screen or shut-down the system when not in use.
It is easy to understand if you are in a public place not to leave your phone or laptop on a table when you are not there. For example, if you are at a coffee shop or in an airport, it is important to not leave them unattended.
How about when you’re in the office? Best practice for security is to lock your computer when you are going to be away from it. While this may sound like overkill there is technology that can help you.
• If you use a Windows computer, you can simply hold down the Window’s Key and the L key and your computer will go into lock mode.
• You can set your PC to lock automatically when the screen saver pops up. Go to Control Panel > Appearance & Personalization > Change screen saver and then check the box for On resume, display logon screen.
It is always important to be aware of your environment and surroundings to stay safe. It is also important to be aware of your environment and surroundings when it comes to keeping your phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop safe and secure.
If you have questions on cybersecurity feel free to contact BounceBack Solution.
BounceBack Solution is a cybersecurity company focused on providing cybersecurity solutions.
Cybersecurity tips sourced from UC Berkeley